- Posted by: admin
- Category: Analysis
India over the years has produced some major companies which have played a major role in contributing to the development of the Indian Economy. Following are the top most 10 Valuable Companies of India.
1. TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., incorporated in the year 1995, is a Large Cap company operating in Information Technology sector. TCS offers a consulting–led, integrated portfolio of IT and IT–enabled services delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development.
TCS has over 143,000 of the world’s best trained IT consultants in 42 countries. TCS alone generates 70% revenues of its parent company, Tata Sons. TCS has been recognized by Brand Finance as one of the Big 4 Global IT Services Brands.
TCS’ Subsidiaries as on 31st December 2016 has 61 subsidiaries providing a wide range of information technology-related products and services including application development, business process outsourcing, capacity planning, consulting, enterprise software, hardware sizing, payment processing, software management, and technology education services. Following are the list of some of the sub-companies:
- PT Tata Consultancy Services Indonesia
- Tata America International Corporation
- Tata Consultancy Services (Africa) (PTY) Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services (China) Co., Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Saudi Arabia
- Alti Infrastructures Systemes & Reseaux S.A.S.
- APTOnline Limited
- C-Edge Technologies Limited
- CMC Americas Inc.
- Diligenta Limited
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
- It offers the following services:
- Assurance Services
- BI & Performance Management
- Business Process Services
- Digital Enterprise
- Eco-sustainability Services
- Engineering & Industrial Services
- Enterprise Security & Risk Management
- Enterprise Solutions
- iON – Small & Medium Business
- IT Infrastructure Services
- IT Services
- Platform Solutions
2. RELIANCE INDUSTRIES:
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is an Indian conglomerate holding company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Reliance is the third most profitable company in India, and the second largest company in India as measured by revenue after thegovernment-controlled Indian Oil Corporation.
Reliance owns businesses across India engaged in energy, petrochemicals, textiles, natural resources, retail, and telecommunications. Reliance Industries Limited is engaged in refining, including manufacturing of refined petroleum products, and petrochemicals, including manufacturing of basic chemicals, fertilizers and nitrogen compounds, plastic and synthetic rubber in primary forms. The Company’s segments include Refining, Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas, Organized Retail and Others.
Its businesses include the following:
1.Reliance Retail is the retail business wing of the Reliance Industries.
2.Reliance Life Sciences works around medical, plant and industrial biotechnology opportunities.
3.Reliance Logistics is a single-window company selling transportation, distribution, warehousing, logistics, and supply chain-related products, supported by in-house telematics and telemetry solutions.
4.Reliance Solar the solar energy subsidiary of Reliance, was established to produce and retail solar energy systems primarily to remote and rural areas.
5.Relicord is a cord blood banking service owned by Reliance Life Sciences.
6.Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd is a broadband service provider which gained 4G licenses for operating across India.
7.Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Ltd is an associate company that builds and operate cross- country pipelines for transporting petroleum products.
8.LYF a 4G-enabled VoLTE device brand from Reliance Retail.
9.Network 18 a mass media company having interests in television, digital platforms, publication, mobile apps, and films.
Infosys Limited is a global leader in technology services and consulting, outsourcing and next- generation services. Infosys is the second-largest Indian IT services company by 2016 revenues, and the largest employer of H-1B visa professionals in the United States.
Infosys has a global footprint with offices and development centers across the world.
From engineering to application development, knowledge management and business process management are some of the variety of the services provided by them.
Its subsidiaries include:
- Edge Verve Systems
- Infosys BPO
- Infosys Consulting
- Infosys Public Services
- Skava Systems
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
- Ai: Platforms and Platform as a Service
- Ki: Knowledge-based management and evolution of landscapes
- Do: Design Thinking and Design led initiatives
- Consulting Services
- Strategy and Architecture
- Business Transformation
- Enterprise Processes
- Enterprise Applications
- Business Services
- Business Applications
- Data Analytics
- Technology Services
- Application Development and Maintenance
- Cloud, Infrastructure and Security
- Engineering Services
- Enterprise Mobility
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Outsourcing Services
- Application Outsourcing
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
- PROCURE EDGE
- MANA- KNOWLEDGE BASED AL PLATFORM
- INFOSYS INFORMATION PLATFORM(IIP) – ANALYTICS PLATFORM
- EDGEVERVE SYSTEMS
- PANAYA CLOUD SUITE
REVENUE BY SEGMENT (2014)
REVENUE BY INDUSTRY SEGMENT: Infosys BPO offers Business process outsourcing solutions to several clients and its service offerings span across multiple industry segments. Following is the revenue by industry:-
4. HDFC BANK:
HDFC Bank Limited (the Bank) is a holding company. The Bank offers a range of banking services covering commercial and investment banking on the wholesale side and transactional/branch
banking on the retail side. It also offers financial services. The Bank’s segments include Treasury, Retail banking, Wholesale banking and Other banking business.
The Treasury segment primarily consists of net interest earnings from the Bank’s investment portfolio, money market borrowing, and lending, gains or losses on investment operations and on account of trading in foreign exchange and derivative contracts.
The Retail Banking segment serves retail customers through a branch network and other delivery channels, as well as through alternative delivery channels.
The Bank provides its corporate and institutional clients a range of commercial and transactional banking products.
The Other banking business segment includes income from para banking activities.
- ACCOUNTS AND DEPOSITSPRODUCTS:
- PREMIUM BANKING
- PRIVATE BANKING
ITC Limited or ITC is an Indian conglomerate headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal. Its diversified business includes five segments:
- Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG),
- Paperboards & Packaging,
- Agri Business &
- Information Technology.
Established in 1910 as the Imperial Tobacco Company of India Limited, the company was renamed as the Indian Tobacco Company Limited in 1970 and further to I.T.C. Limited in 1974.
PRODUCTS AND BRANDS:
- The FMCG segment includes Cigarettes, such as cigarettes and cigars, and others, such as branded packaged foods businesses (Staples Snacks and Meals, Dairy and Beverages, and Confections); Apparel; Education and Stationery Products; Personal Care Products; Safety Matches, and Agarbattis.
- Its Hotels segment includes Hoteliering. ITC’s Hotels division (under brands including WelcomHotel) is India’s second largest hotel chain with over 90 hotels throughout India. ITC is also the exclusive franchise in India of two brands owned by Sheraton International Inc. Brands in the hospitality sector owned and operated by its subsidiaries include Fortune Park Hotels and WelcomHeritage Hotels.
- Its Paperboards, Paper and Packaging segment includes paperboards; paper, including specialty paper, and packaging.
- Its Agri Business segment includes Agri commodities, such as soya, spices, coffee and leaf tobacco. Its brands include Aashirvaad, Sunfeast Dark Fantasy, Bingo!, Yumitos, YiPPee!, Candyman, GumOn, Classmate, Fiama Di Wills, Vivel, Superia, Engage, Wills Lifestyle, John Players, Mangaldeep and Aim, among others.
- ITC Infotech is a specialized global full service technology solutions provider, led by Business and Technology Consulting. The company caters to enterprises in Supply Chain based industries (CPG, Retail, Manufacturing, Media & Technology) and Services (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Airline, Hospitality) through a combination of traditional and newer business models, as a long-term sustainable partner.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is a pharmaceuticals company. The Company’s business segments include US Business, Indian Branded Generics Business, Emerging Markets, Global Consumer Healthcare Business and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API). Its Rest of World segment includes Western Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other markets. The Company offers its products to therapy areas, such as cardiology, neuro-psychiatry, gastroenterology, anti-infective, diabetology, nd dermatology.
The Company’s products include AB PHYLLINE, ABZORB DUSTING POWDER, ACAMPROL, ACOSTIN 3 MIU, ACOSTIN FORTE and AB PHYLLINE SR 200. Its manufacturing units are situated in India, the United States and Brazil, among others. Its units produce generics, branded generics, specialty products, over-the-counter (OTC) products, anti-retroviral (ARVs) and APIs. They also produce intermediates in a range of dosage forms, including tablets, capsules, injectables, ointments, creams and liquids.
Some of its sub-companies are:
- AO Ranbaxy (Formerly known as ZAO Ranbaxy)
- Laboratories Ranbaxy, S.L.U.
- “Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Ukraine” LLC
- OOO Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Ranbaxy Inc.
- Ranbaxy (U.K.) Limited
- Ranbaxy Australia Pty Ltd
- Ranbaxy Drugs Limited
- Ranbaxy Europe Limited
- Ranbaxy Holdings (U.K.) Limited
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceutical Proprietary Limited
- Sun Laboratories FZE
- Sun Pharma Global FZE
- Sun Pharma Laboratories Limited
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc. and Subsidiaries
7. COAL INDIA
Coal India Limited (CIL) is an India-based holding company. The Company is a coal mining company, which is engaged in the production and sale of coal. It is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is the largest coal producer company in the world and contributes around 82% of the coal production in India.
- BHARAT COOKING COAL LIMITED(BCCL)
- CENTRAL COALFIELDS LIMITED
- MAHANADI COALFIELDS LIMITED
- NORTHERN COALFIELDS LIMITED
- SOUTH EASTERN COALFIELDS LIMITED
- WESTERN COALFIELDS LIMITED
- CENTRAL MINE PLANNING AND DESIGN INSTITUTE
- COAL INDIA AFRICANA LIMITADA
- NORTH EASTERN COALFIELDS
- DANKUNI COAL COMPLEX
- CIL HEADQUARTERS
PRODUCTS AND BRANDS:
- The Company offers products, including Coking Coal, Semi Coking Coal, Non-CokingCoal, Washed and Beneficiated Coal, Middlings, Rejects, Coal Fines/Coke Fines, and Tar/Heavy Oil/Light Oil/Soft Pitch.
- Its Middlings are used in power generation, brick manufacturing units and cement plants. The Washed and Beneficiated Coal products are used in the manufacturing of hard coke for steel making and power generation.
- Its Semi Coking Coal products are used as blend-able coal in steel making, merchant coke manufacturing and other metallurgical industries. Its Non-Coking Coal products are used for cement, fertilizer, glass, ceramic, paper, chemical and brick manufacturing, and for other heating purposes.
8. HINDUSTAN UNILEVER LIMITED
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) is an Indian consumer goods company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is owned by Anglo-Dutch company Unilever which owns a 67% controlling share in HUL as of March 2015 and is the holding company of HUL. HUL was established in 1933 as Lever Brothers and, in 1956, became known as Hindustan Lever Limited, as a result of a merger between Lever Brothers, Hindustan Vanaspati Mfg. Co. Ltd. and United Traders Ltd.
PRODUCTS AND BRANDS:
The Company’s segments are:
- Soaps and Detergents, which includes soaps, detergent bars, detergent powders, detergent liquids and scourers
- Personal Products, which includes products in categories of oral care, skin care (excluding soaps), hair care, deodorants, talcum powder, colour cosmetics and salon services
- Beverages, which includes tea and coffee
- Packaged Foods, which includes branded staples (atta, salt and bread), culinary products(tomato-based products, fruit-based products and soups) and frozen desserts
- Others that includes exports, chemicals, water business and infant care products. The Others segment also includes export sale of marine and leather products.
Its brands include Lux, Surf excel, Rin, Wheel, Fair & Lovely, Pond’s, Vaseline, Lakme, Dove, Clinic Plus, Sunsilk, Axe, Brooke Bond, Bru, Knorr, Kissan, Kwality Wall’s and Pureit.
- Unilever India Exports Limited
- Unilever Nepal Limited
- Lakme Lever Private Limited
- Pond’s Exports Limited
- Daverashola Estates Private Limited
- Jamnagar Properties Private Limited
- Levers Associated Trust Limited
- Levindra Trust Limited
- Hindlever Trust Limited
- Hindustan Unilever Foundation
- Bhavishya Alliance Child Nutrition Initiatives
9. HDFC CORP.
Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited is a holding company. The Company is engaged in financing by way of loans for the purchase or construction of residential houses, commercial real estate and certain other purposes, in India.
The Company’s segments include loans, life insurance, general insurance, asset management and others. It offers insurance products, such as motor, health, travel, home and personal accident in the retail division, and customized products, such as property, marine, aviation and liability insurance in the corporate division.
It also provides portfolio management, mutual fund, property investment management, project management, investment consultancy and property related services.
Its subsidiaries include:
- HDFC Developers Ltd.
- HDFC Investments Ltd.
- HDFC Trustee Co. Ltd.
- HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd. Among others.
- HDFC BANK
- HDFC STANDARD LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- HDFC ASSET MANAGEMENT COMPANY
- HDFC EGRO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY
- GRUH FINANCE
- HDFC PROPERTY FUND
- CREDILIA FINANCIAL SERVICES
10. OIL AND NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LIMITED
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited is a global energy holding company. The Company is engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas. The Company’s segments include Exploration & Production (E&P), and Refining. The Company’s geographical segments include operations in two categories: In India, which includes Onshore and Offshore, and Outside India.
The Company’s business spread include various areas, such as oil field services, transportation of the oil and natural gas, and production of value-added products, such as Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Naphtha, Refining, Petrochemicals, Power, unconventional and alternate sources of energy. The Company’s oil and gas reserves are located internationally at Russia, Colombia, Vietnam, Brazil and Venezuela.
The Company’s subsidiaries include:
- ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL)
- Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL)
- ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited.
PRODUCTS AND BRANDS:
- CRUDE OIL
- ONGC VIDESH LTD.
- MANGALORE REFINERY AND PETROCHEMICALS LTD.
These are some of India’s highly efficient and high performing companies. However this is just a brief gist of the Company and its workings.